Travel Smart Rewards is a rewards scheme managed by the Land Transport Authority of Singapore (“LTA”). The purpose of the scheme is to build an incentive mechanism aimed at analysing commuters’ travel data and shaping commuters’ travel behaviour at an individual level when utilising the Singapore’s rail network.
By participating in the scheme, you agree to:
- participate in the scheme in good faith and in an honest manner, with a view towards shifting your travel patterns accordingly.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must stop using the Site (as defined in Clause 3.4) and also refrain from or stop participating in the scheme (including but not limited to by leaving a feedback online at the Site).
- The scheme commences on 1 April 2017.
- The LTA reserves the right at its sole discretion to shorten or terminate the scheme period without any prior notification to you or the public and without incurring any liability.
Eligibility For The Scheme
- The scheme is open to all Singaporeans, Permanent Residents and foreigners with a valid NRIC/FIN number. In addition, any persons ("Users" and each, a "User") with a valid adult CEPAS compliant Card (EZ-Link and Nets FlashPay card), Diploma Student Concession Card, Undergraduate Concession Card, Private Education Institution Student Concession Card, Workfare Transport Concession Card, Persons with Disabilities Concession Card, Adult Monthly Travel Card, Senior Citizen Concession Card, PAssion Silver Concession Cards as well as co-brand card with adult EZ-Link or Nets FlashPay function is eligible to apply to join the scheme. Selection of Users shall be on the basis of the extent to which Users' historical commuting data adheres to underlying scheme criteria.
- The LTA shall have the sole discretion and right to make the selection of Users for this scheme and such decision shall be final. The LTA shall not be obliged to provide any reasons for its decision. The Users selected for the scheme will be informed by email.
- You undertake to provide complete, true and accurate information when applying to participate in this scheme, and to promptly update the same as required to ensure that it remains complete, true and accurate throughout the scheme period. Failure to do so, as well as any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you, may result in your disqualification from the scheme. You will also return any or all rewards and incentives earned through the scheme, if required and within the period stipulated by the LTA at its sole discretion.
- The period of application shall be from 1 April 2017, until the completion of the scheme.
The details required for the application are as follows:
- Valid email address
- NRIC/FIN number
- Name on NRIC/FIN
- Date of birth
- Working status
- Mobile number
- Mailing address
- Concession card type
- Travel card CAN ID number
- Bank account name*
- Name of bank*
- Bank account number*
All fields above are compulsory and must be completed in full. Incorrect or incomplete fields will render the application invalid.
- The registered email address will also act as the account login for the User. Only one NRIC/FIN number, one travel card CAN ID number and one bank account number (if a User has selected bank account as their preferred payment mode) can be associated with one email address or account at any given point in time. A User shall only register the travel card that belongs to him or her and will be used by him or her during the scheme period.
- There shall be only one mode of registration and it shall be an online registration at Travel Smart Rewards, www.travelsmartrewards.lta.gov.sg ("Site"). Instructions will be available on the Site.
- A User will not be allowed to register more than one travel card under their account. In the event of any loss of, or damage to, the travel card, User is required to inform the LTA promptly by editing the card details settings of his or her account at the Site or by leaving a feedback online at the Site before registering a second travel card under his or her account.
- A User is not allowed to register more than one account.
- Only a one-time registration is required for each NRIC/FIN number, adult CEPAS compliant card and bank account (if selected) throughout the scheme period.
Points, Rewards And Payment
- Users earn points for trips travelled on Singapore’s rail network on weekdays (excluding public holidays).
- Only selected Users can earn cash rewards for trips travelled on Singapore’s rail network on weekdays (excluding public holidays) if specified target(s) are met. The LTA shall have the sole discretion and right to make the selection of Users and such decision shall be final. The LTA shall not be obliged to provide any reasons for its decision or disclose the criteria for the selection. Selection of Users shall be based on individual User’s unique travel pattern and shall be reviewed on a quarterly basis. Selected Users will be informed through the personalised travel planner via email and inbox notification. Only selected Users who have met the target(s) specified on the personalised travel planner will receive the cash rewards.
Points can be used for the redemption of cash rewards. There are two ways that a User can use their points to redeem cash rewards:
- Random redemption. In this method, a User can redeem their points through a mechanism that is essentially a game. That is, the random redemption algorithm shall determine whether the points a User is attempting to redeem result in a monetary and/or points pay out. This determination is instantaneous.
- Deterministic redemption. In this method, a User can trade their points for a fixed, pre-determined amount of cash rewards.
- Points and cash rewards can also be earned through other avenues such as, but not limited to, special offers, which shall be made available to selected Users. The LTA shall have the sole discretion and right to make the selection of Users and such decision shall be final. The LTA shall not be obliged to provide any reasons for its decision or disclose the criteria for the selection. Selected Users will be informed via email and inbox notification.
- The LTA may at its sole and absolute discretion, and at any time without prior notice, decide or change the quantum of the points and cash rewards. Experimentation in this scheme is to be expected, hence the points and cash rewards offered during these experiments may vary from time to time. This is to allow the LTA to better understand the effect of points and cash rewards in such experiments.
- The cash rewards, if any, will only be paid to the User's registered travel card (default payment mode) or bank account once a month. Cash rewards credited to the Users’ travel card can be redeemed at any Transit Link Ticket Office (“TO”) or any Add-Value Machine (“AVM”).
- In the event that the User's travel card is lost, the redeemed cash rewards will not be paid to another travel card (i.e. different from the one registered by the User earlier) and it will also not be paid to the User in cash.
- In the event that the User's travel card is expired or corrupted, User can seek a refund for any remaining travel card balance on his or her travel card at any TO.
- The User shall not lend or allow any other person to use his or her registered travel card.
- The LTA may at its sole and absolute discretion, and at any time without prior notice, change the payment method(s) made available to the Users. The LTA shall not be obliged to provide any reasons for the change. In the event that any change results in only one payment method been made available to all Users, all Users will be automatically switched to this payment method regardless of the payment method they have previously selected and will be notified via the notification posted on the Users’ dashboard.
- Points are valid for use for 180 calendar days from the posted date. After the claim period, the points will be automatically forfeited and no claims whatsoever (such as but not limited to compensation) shall be entertained. Successful crediting of points along with the posted date are available for viewing at the Users’ Point History webpage located online after the User has logged into his or her account at the Site.
- Cash rewards are to be redeemed 90 calendar days from the claimable date. After the claim period, the cash rewards will be automatically forfeited. No claims whatsoever (such as but not limited to claims for payment or compensation) shall be entertained. Successful crediting of cash rewards along with the claimable date are available for viewing at the Users’ Payout History webpage located online after the User has logged into his or her account at the Site.
- The LTA may at Its sole and absolute discretion, and at any time without prior notice, decide or change the duration of the claim period. The LTA shall not be obliged to provide any reasons for its decision.
- If the User opts not to register details of his or her bank account, the cash rewards, if any, must then be claimed by Users at any TO or AVM within the claim period.
Corporate-Tier Travel Smart Rewards
- Organisations who fit the LTA’s criteria for eligibility to Corporate-Tier Travel Smart Rewards will be allowed to apply for the scheme as an organisation. The LTA shall have the sole discretion and right to approve or reject the organisation’s application and such decision shall be final. The LTA shall not be obliged to provide any reasons for its decision or disclose the criteria for the selection. Selected organisations will be informed via email.
By participating in Corporate-Tier Travel Smart Rewards as a User, you agree to:
- allow your personal information such as, but not limited to, the details required under Clause 3.2, your individual travel history, commuting patterns etc. to be shared between your organisation and the LTA for the purposes of administering the scheme, encouraging participation in the scheme, analysing commuters’ (including your) travel behaviour, encouraging changes in commuters’ (including your) travel behaviour, administering and enforcing these Terms and Conditions, other purposes described in these Terms and Conditions, and for the LTA’s policy planning and development; and
- be automatically removed from Corporate-Tier Travel Smart Rewards and have your account converted to a General Travel Smart Rewards account upon graduation, should you initially be on board Corporate-Tier Travel Smart Rewards as a tertiary student.
- It shall be a condition for the collection of the SGD$1,500 monthly lucky draw prizes that the lucky draw winners produce the necessary documents for verification as requested by the LTA, participate in interviews and other promotional activities for the scheme and/or the Singapore public transit system and allow the LTA to use (including but not limited to publish) these materials at the LTA’s sole discretion. Failure to agree and/or participate in the aforementioned shall result in the ineligibility to receive and retain the SGD$1,500 lucky draw prize.
- It is your sole responsibility to provide the LTA (including its agents) current, complete, truthful and accurate information and to keep the information that you provide for the scheme up-to-date. You undertake to bear full responsibility for any problems, consequences or liability that may arise whether directly or indirectly as a result of your failure to provide accurate, truthful, up-to-date or complete information.
- The LTA's decision(s) on all matters relating to the scheme shall be undisputed, final and binding. The LTA (including its agents) shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence with you or any other party on any matter relating to the scheme.
- The LTA (including its agents) reserves the right at any time to remove any User from the scheme or restrict or terminate his or her access to the website and/or his account if the User is believed or suspected to be in breach of any of the terms and conditions herein, without giving any notice or reason and without liability to the User.
- The User undertakes to indemnify and hold the LTA (including its agents) harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand made by any third party under any cause of action whatsoever due to or arising out of the User 's breach of any of the terms and conditions herein.
- The LTA reserves the right to publish statistical results from the scheme. Statistical results DO NOT include a User’s personal data, such as contact details, individual travel history or commuting patterns. Statistical results refer to aggregates of individual data, for example, to answer questions such as percentage of morning peak travel commuters who shifted their commuting times or percentage of morning peak travel who shifted their commuting times after increases amounts of cash rewards were given, etc. The LTA (including its agents) will not disclose User’s personal data.
- The LTA (including its agents) shall to the full extent permitted under applicable law, not be liable in respect of any claim for any loss, damage, costs or expenses whatsoever (including, without limitation, any consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages) arising out of or in connection with the scheme or any activity related thereto.
- The LTA reserves the right to modify, suspend, discontinue or terminate the scheme at any time at its absolute discretion, or invalidate any application, claim or redemption by the User in connection with the scheme, without prior notice and without being liable for such action in any way to anyone.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law and Users hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
- There is currently no official mobile application for Travel Smart Rewards. Users who decide to use (including disclose any confidential personal information through) any third party application regardless of whether such application has the same or similar name as Travel Smart Rewards, do so at their sole risk and the LTA shall not be responsible in any way to the User for anything due to or arising out of a User’s use of any third party application.
- The LTA’s rights and remedies under these Terms and Conditions are cumulative and are in addition and without prejudice to any rights or remedies that the LTA may have at law or in equity. Further, no exercise by the LTA of any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions shall operate to hinder or prevent the exercise by the LTA of any other right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions, or any other right or remedy available to the LTA at law or in equity.
Limitation Of Liability
- To the maximum extent permissible by applicable law, the LTA (including its agents) shall not be held responsible or liable for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, or mutilated registration entries, or for theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, transactions and records in the User’s account provided in this scheme.
- To the maximum extent permissible by applicable law, the LTA (including its agents) shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused to the User by any breakdown, malfunction or outage of any website, software, computer system or equipment or data loss.
- To the maximum extent permissible by applicable law, the LTA (including its agents) assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing.
- While the LTA (including its agents) have made efforts in good faith to protect Users’ information (see clause 10.5 below), Users acknowledge that they participate in the scheme at their own risk.
The LTA reserves its rights to forthwith terminate and/or invalidate any User’s account(s), stop and/or invalidate all payments and points associated with the said account(s) and take any and all appropriate action (including legal action) against anyone who does not comply with the terms and conditions of this scheme, or attempts in any way to cheats and/or circumvents the objectives of the scheme and/or engages in activity that is an abuse of the scheme. Such activities include but are not limited to the following:
- using or exploiting errors in design and/or “program bugs” to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain an advantage over other users;
- the creation and/or use of tools, automated scripts, software, robots or any third-party software to hack and/or connect and/or obtain and/or mine information from TSR client or server software; and
- engaging in any activity that the Authority deems an abuse and/or contrary to the objective of the Scheme.
- When you participate in the scheme, you are agreeing to share your past and present commute history, such as the start and end time, and station locations of your trips. The information is necessary to the workings of the scheme, such as awarding points and cash rewards, and for analysis. However, the analysis will not be linked in any way to personally identifiable information.
Personal Identification Information
- The LTA collects personal identification information from Users when they register on the Site. Users must provide information as detailed in Clause 3.2.
- Participation in the scheme is voluntary. Users who do not wish to provide their personal identification information should not apply to participate in the scheme.
Non-personal Identification Information
- The LTA may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they access the Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users' means of connection to the Site, such as the operating system, the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How We Use Collected Information
The Site collects and uses information collected from Users for the following purposes:
- To retrieve commute information from the LTA: We use Users' travel card numbers to retrieve their commute information from the LTA, to confirm their eligibility to join the scheme and use the resources made available to selected qualified Users as part of the scheme.
- To improve Users' experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on the Site.
- To improve the Site: We continually strive to improve the Site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from Users.
- To improve customer service: Users' information helps us to more effectively respond to customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails: The email address provided by Users will only be used to send them information and updates relating to their participation in the scheme. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests. Users will receive emails that may include project news and participation updates.
How we protect Users' information
- We adopt reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Users' personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing Personal Information
- We do not sell, trade, or rent Users' personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personally identifiable information regarding visitors and Users with our business partners and trusted affiliates and for the purpose of substantiating research reports.
Changes to These Terms and Conditions
This document was last updated on 15 March 2017.